Status Update: July 2011
Here's a (belated) status update:
- PyStar Paris was a success! Next step: organize the next PyStar Paris event.
- Finishing up the updating of Asa Dotzler's Internet Growth Chart, from 2008 up until today. Basically done, but it still needs a few more verifications and tweaks in order to make sure that the data is as correct as possible (should be totally over by the end of the week, at the latest)
- Finalizing (and practicing...you know what they say: practice makes perfect! ) my upcoming talk at the RMLL event in Strasbourg, France, that will take place next week. The conference will be a 40 minute speech about women in Open Source and Mozilla, and will be presented along with French contributor Julia Buchner. I'll also be helping out at the Mozilla booth during the event. The detailed program of the event can be found here.
- Newcomers interested in contributing to Mozilla localization: gave detailed explanations of how localization works in Mozilla, and how they can participate.
- Reimbursements for community expenses.
- Helped out with Bonjour Mozilla and Bonjour WoMoz translations, along with other Mozilla contributors. BTW, you can now follow Bonjour Mozilla on Twitter! Also, if you want to help out and become a Mozilla contributor by translating some of the Bonjour Mozilla blog posts, please contact Clarista: clarista.mozilla at gmail dot com